Screenshot, Alex Kitz, alexgoesanywhere.wordpress.com, November 25, 2015
As for the future of this blog, I am still not sure if I want to keep it or delete it. In a way I feel that if I were to delete it, I would be deleting all of my work over the course of the semester and all of the time I put into it and I’m not sure if I can bring myself to do that. On the other hand, I don’t see myself adding to this blog in particular and I’m not sure I would use it further. I can see myself starting another blog similar to this one. Now that I have experience in blogging I can start a new blog from scratch and make it better than this one.
Pro’s to keeping this blog:
- I spent a lot of time on it and it won’t go to waste
- It demonstrates my work throughout the semester
- Shows my experience in using certain technologies
- May look good to certain employers in certain fields
Cons to keeping this blog:
- Some of the posts aren’t my greatest
- Portions of this blog feel amateur to me
- If employers see it and don’t like the work it may hurt me
- I’m not sure it will be added to
- Starting a new better blog will make this one inactive
- If I find a career in Finance this type of blog may not help me
This blog could potentially introduce me to new possible employers if it is shared and seen enough. I think for this to happen though I need to go back and revise a few of my posts and I would have to work on my SEO/SEM.